How do I get a Public Defender?

You must first contact the office of the Public Defender and fill out a financial affidavit. Sometimes you will be given them in court. They will determine if you qualify. If they find that you qualify but they have a conflict of interest, your case will be transferred to the Conflict Defender's Office for representation.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a Public Defender?
2. What if I was never read my Miranda Rights?
3. If I am the suspect in a crime or investigation, should I talk to the police and explain my side of the story?
4. How are felonies graded?