Correction Officers have the responsibility for maintaining the safety and security of the Jail building, staff and inmates.
Correction Officers perform tasks that include:
- Security tours to insure accountability and inmate safety.
- Supervise inmate exercise
- Supervise inmate law library
- Supervise inmate educational programs
- Supervise inmates in work programs
- Assist staff medical personnel
- Supervise the distribution of meals for the inmates
- Transport inmates to courts and outside medical services.