Public Works Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Robert V. Nichols, Chair
- Frederick G. Potter, Vice Chair
- Wendy Lozo
- Steven P. Maio
- Nick Pelham
To consist of five members with responsibility for:
Oversight, representation, and as appropriate, to make recommendations to the County Legislature, with regards to all matters pertaining to the activities, programs, duties, responsibilities, personnel, expenses of offices, purchase of equipment, maintenance of records or other matters relating to the offices, departments, agencies, or programs, listed below, including those specifically identified as follows:
- Public Works: Including inspection, construction, reconstruction, maintenance, and general supervision of the County roads and bridges, including bridges having a span over 25 feet on Town roads, as well as all matters pertaining to the duties, powers, and responsibilities of the County Commissioner of Public Works.
- Solid Waste Division: Including all matters relating to the operation, administration, site selection and acquisition, and other related activities of the Solid Waste Division of the County Department of Public Works.
- Parks: Including all matters relating to the supervision and management of all County parks and recreation areas.
- Reforestation: Including all matters relating to reforestation, including purchase, maintenance, fencing, fire line, cutting of and sale of trees, disposition of such lands and all other matters relating thereto, which the County Legislature may have a power or duty to perform, such as representation on the District Forest Practice Board.