- County Legislature
- Standing Committees
- Administration Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Brian C. Schu, Chair
- Robert V. Nichols, Vice Chair
- Kelly H. Fitzpatrick
- Hilda T. Lando
- Gary D. Swackhamer
To consist of five members with responsibility for:
Oversight, representation, and as appropriate, to make recommendations to the County Legislature in all matters relating to the activities, programs, duties, responsibilities, personnel, expenses of offices, purchase of equipment, accounts, records or other matters related to the offices, departments and agencies listed below, including those specifically identified as follows:
- Clerk of the Legislature: Including all matters relating to the duties and powers of the Clerk of the Legislature, as set forth in Section 475 of the County Law.
- County Manager: Including all matters relating to the power and duties of the County Manager as defined in the County's Local Law and/or amendments thereto, establishing the office.
- County Auditor: Including all matters relating to the office of County Auditor as set forth in Section 600 of the County Law.
- County Law Department: Including all matters pertaining to County legal actions, lawsuits, damages, claims, or other legal representation of the County.
- County Clerk: Including all matters pertaining to the constitutional responsibilities of the Clerk as registrar, the duties of the Clerk as agent of the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, and the Clerk of the Supreme Court and County Court.
- County Commissioner of Finance: Including all matters relating to the powers and duties of the County Commissioner of Finance as chief fiscal officer, and in any fiduciary capacity, except unpaid taxes and buildings.
- Election Commissioners: Including all matters relating to the Election Commissioners and County responsibilities under the Election Law.
- Information Technology: Including all matters relating to the study, organization, promotion, coordination, purchase or lease of EDP equipment or systems, and development of the County's electronic data processing system for all of the County's Departments, agencies, or administrative units.
- Insurance: Including all matters relating to the procurement of all insurance on County-owned personal property, premises, buildings, and all insurance connected with property acquired for public assistance reimbursement, and recommendations to the County Legislature with relation to the amount of official undertakings and the approval thereof, when the amount is fixed by the County Legislature.
- Personnel: Personnel administration and policy, including reviewing requests for new positions, setting salary grades, all upgradings, position reclassifications, labor union negotiations, salary schedule adjustments, fringe benefits administration, and Affirmative Action programs and policy and including all matters pertaining to the County's administration of the New York State Civil Service Law.
- Purchasing: Including all matters relating to the organization, coordination, and implementation of a uniform system of inventory control and purchasing within the County Departments, agencies, boards, commissions, and administrative units.
- Real Property Tax Service Agency: Including all matters relating to the equalization of tax rates for purposes of levying County taxes; representation of the County in all meetings and conferences with local assessors or individuals; and preparation of the assessment and tax rolls.
- Records Management: Including all matters relating to the County's Records Management Program which is overseen by the County Manager, including the establishment, organization and oversight of the records center, contracts for records management, and procedures or rules which may be necessary for implementation of a comprehensive Records Management Program.
- Risk Management: Including all matters relating to evaluation of Insurance programs for the County and development and implementation of safety programs.
- Telephonic Communications: Including all matters relating to researching, analyzing, and implementing telephonic communications service plans for County government departments and related agencies.
- Workers' Compensation: Including all matters relating to the Steuben County Self-Insurance Plan, including plan administration, claims, expenses for claimants, apportionment of administrative costs, preparation of reports, and duties of Risk Manager, County Attorney, and County Finance.
In addition thereto the responsibilities of said committee shall include:
- Representation of, and as appropriate, recommendations to the County Legislature on all matters pertaining to proposed local, State, or Federal legislation, matters relating to internal affairs of the County, its Offices, Departments, functions, including the Rules of Procedure and conduct at meetings of the County Legislature, general administration of Offices and Departments, and matters dealing with the County's participation with Off-Track Betting.
- Examination, inspection, preservation, storage, maintenance, and representation of the County Legislature in all matters pertaining to the books and records of accounts of County funds, vouchers, orders, warrants, claims and other papers or documents, which the County Legislature or other County officer or employee may have a power or duty to perform.
- Representation, examination and hearings in all matters pertaining to the County's Grievance Procedure for County employees.
- Vehicle deployment and management of vehicles owned by the County of Steuben.