Kanakadea Park Rules
- Camping season: April 15 to December 1
- Water Available: April 15 to October 15
Two week maximum stay
Checkout time is 11 am/Check-in time is 1 pm.
|Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights||$69 per night|
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday nights||$60 per night|
- Two-week maximum stay
- Checkout time is 11 am. Check-in time is 1 pm.
- 10% Discount to Senior Citizens (62 years or older)
- 10% Discount to Veterans
The following policies and procedures are in effect to ensure that your stay is enjoyable.
Park Speed Limit: 5 miles per hour
Please report any incidents, accidents or maintenance problems to park staff. Emergencies should first be reported to 911 then directed to park staff at 607-769-0720. You may also call the Public Works Department at the County Office Building at 607-664-2474.
Quiet hours are observed from 11 pm to 7 am. Only registered campers are allowed in the campground during these hours. Strict enforcement of this policy will contribute to peace and quiet for all campers. Radios and music should not disturb your neighbors at any time. Beer kegs are not allowed.
Checkout & Time Limits
Checkout time is 11 am. Please check out by that time. Fourteen days is the maximum camping period from April 1 to December 1. Re-registration in the name of another member of your group or other substitutions will not be allowed and will be considered sufficient reason for terminating a permit and eviction without a refund. Re-registration will be permitted after the expiration of 24 hours; this requires removal of all items or property from the park.
Proof of rabies inoculation is required for pets. Pets must not be left unattended and must be under constant control using a leash no longer than 6 feet. Owners must remove and dispose of dog feces in a sanitary manner. For your own protection and the protection of your pets, do not feed, attract or harass raccoons or other wildlife.
Water & Sewer
There are no water or sewer hookups available. You must provide a receptacle to catch the waste from sink outlets and dispose of it only at the designated disposal station. Availability of water will be limited before April 15 and after October 15.
Campfires are permitted; however, only wood from down trees may be used for making fires (power saws are prohibited). Fires should be built only in or on fireplaces, grills, stoves or pads maintained for that use. Do not leave fires unattended; they should be under the constant supervision of a responsible person.
- The minimum age is 18 to register for a campsite.
- Payment in full will be made at time of registration.
- Anyone under 18 must be supervised by a responsible camper.
- A maximum of one family, or six people, are allowed per site.
- One camping unit is allowed per site.
- Tents are limited to one large and one small two-man tent.
- Two motor vehicles are allowed per site.
- A motor home is counted as one vehicle.
- Please respect park property.
- Do not deface, debark, destroy, remove or injure any tree, flower, shrub or bush.
- One park picnic table is allowed per site. Please do not move other tables to your site.
- Please leave the facilities neat and orderly.
- You are financially responsible for any damage to park property caused by you or any member of your group.
- All-terrain vehicles (ATVs) are not allowed to be ridden in the park.
Additional information on the policies and procedures is available at the park office. Your cooperation and compliance with these procedures, as well as the observation of normally accepted camping courtesy, is very much appreciated.