Housing is a critical element of a vibrant and sustainable Steuben County. An appropriate mix of housing options is important to meet the needs and desires of our talented workforce and our elder citizens who would like to stay in familiar communities. The department actively furthers Fair Housing principles and partners with other agencies and local governments to improve unsafe or substandard housing conditions and provide affordable housing choice for all income levels.
- Steuben County Housing Demand Analysis (PDF)
- Steuben County Fair Housing Plan (PDF)
- Steuben County Housing Profile (PDF)
New York State Division of Human Rights (NY DHR)
- NY DHR: Protecting and Furthering Equality in New York State. New laws are in place to end discrimination and inequality based on gender.
- NY DHR Fair Housing: Federal, state, and local fair housing laws work to ensure that all individuals have equal housing opportunities. See the NY DHR Fair Housing Guide (PDF).
U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
HUD: Fair Housing Is Your Right
Legal Assistance of Western New York, Inc. (LawNY)
LawNY: Providing free legal aid to people with civil legal problems in western New York.
Arbor Housing & Development
Arbor Housing and Development: Enhancing the quality of life in communities by building independence and creating housing options.
Learn about Corning's Residential Housing Improvement and Expansion Strategy.
City of Hornell Housing Authority
City of Hornell Housing Authority: Maintaining, constructing, and assisting households and individuals of the Hornell Community with quality, economically efficient, environmentally friendly, and personally safe homes.
Steuben County Land Bank Corporation (SCLBC)
The SCLBC endeavors to reverse the trend of declining property values and further deterioration of Steuben County's housing and commercial stock by stabilizing neighborhoods, encouraging private investment, and improving the quality of life for Steuben County residents.